Inflatable Life Raft Service
Westpac is certified to service inflatable life rafts manufactured by Zodiac (both commercial and leisure), Switlik, Winslow and Avon (see the note below). Our facility is USCG approved for Zodiac and Switlik. We have been servicing inflatable life rafts since 1984. Other brands we are capable of servicing include: Sea-Safe, S.O.S. Marine, and Atlantis.
If you are in Alaska or the Puget Sound region and wish to obtain an estimate give Rollie Herman a call (Monday-Friday from 07:00 to 15:00 Pacific Time) at (253) 627-6000 with the following information:
- Brand of raft
- Model of raft
- Date of manufacture
- Date of last service (and by whom if known)
If your raft is located outside of our service area check out the United States Marine Safety Association for links to the major manufacturer's service facility listings.
The US Marine Safety Association also offers an excellent pamphlet on life raft servicing which will help in answering many of the common questions regarding raft servicing.
If you want to watch your raft being serviced you are always welcome. The coffee is on us but bring a book, parts of the service procedure are boring. This includes most of the pressure testing. However if you really want to learn about your raft we offer one on one (or two, three, four...) sessions which normally take 2-3 hours and due to what is covered have to take place prior to your raft's actual servicing. We do charge for these sessions, currently the fee is $100.00. Sessions work best if we start either at 08:00 or 12:00. You will leave with a full understanding of how your life raft operates, how it should be mounted or stowed and what is in the equipment pack. This is a hands on experience, please wear clothes that you don't mind getting a little dirty.
Servicing a life raft is not an inexpensive undertaking. The parts are expensive and the tests and replacements are not optional. We must do what the raft manufacturer tells us. In order to make sure you do not get blindsided we have the following policy:
Charges for servicing rafts off of recreational vessels:
- When we first receive your raft we will open it, run the basic tests and prepare a proforma invoice.
- The proforma invoice will be emailed to you along with instructions so you can pay online via Square's secure site. At this time you have the ability to tell us not to service your raft. We will return the raft however it will not be operational.
- Once we have received payment we will service your raft. Note: we will not start work until payment is received.
- Upon completion of service we will contact you so you can pick it up or we can ship it back.
- We are not an FAA approved repair facility and do not have the capabilities to service any TSO approved products.
- Avon was purchased by Zodiac several years ago. Since then they have been phasing out the Avon life raft line in the United States. As of August 2013 it has become very difficult to obtain the necessary parts to service Avon rafts. Please call with the model and date of manufacture of your raft so that we can determine if we have the necessary parts to service your raft.
- Switlik had a major inflation valve recall in 2008. If you own a Switlik life raft and have not had it serviced since June 2008 please read this recall notice: Switlik 2008 Recall If you have any questions please give us a call.
Washington State requires that we collect Sales Tax on most service work. They consider service as something you consume while you are in the state (like eating a meal). Being a resident of Oregon or another state that does not have a sales tax does not exempt you. Exemptions from collecting sales tax include:
- Commercial vessels who operate outside State waters
- Rafts shipped out of state by common carrier after being serviced
- Customers who supply a Washington State Resellers Permit covering the servicing of life rafts
If you do not fit into one of these narrow categories we are obligated to collect Washington State Sales Tax from you.